I’m a Survivor
Yes, I’m a survivor – surviving in a society that constantly pressures women to lose weight, diet, and conform to their standard of beauty. This is the battle I am facing as a Kurvy woman.
As a full figured woman I have learned to accept and love my body without letting the pressure get to me. How do I accomplish that you ask? Here are my 5 essentials for the Kurvy survivor!
1. Confidence – the best part about confidence is – it’s free! Confidence comes from loving yourself and believing in you! Surround yourself with positive and confident people and you will start to see your strengths and abilities because you are great! Start off every morning in front of a mirror telling yourself that you love you!
2. Shape Wear – A girl could seriously take over the world with a good body shaper. Not only does this garment help you with confidence, but the right shape wear will keep you comfortable and looking and feeling like the diva you are! I particularly love the “Body Wrap High Waist Long Leg Panty” from Addition Elle. The material is effective and supportive but very comfortable. I wear mine under every dress and never feel constricted.
3. The Right Pair of Jeans – Jeans are super versatile and something that every woman needs in her closet! When shopping for your perfect fit, make sure to focus on that alone and not the brand. I find a darker wash flattering and you can dress them up or down! I couldn’t survive without these hip hugging jeans available at Voluptuous.
4. Attitude – In the words of Drake “A little attitude problem all good, it’ll make that ish last.” Every LUXE woman needs a little bit of attitude to survive. Especially in a society that piles on ridiculous and unattainable ideals of beauty – so give ‘em some sass!
5. A Bold Lip – You want wow factor? Pair anything with a bold lip and you got it! Make sure to compliment your lip to your outfits color palette and you are set. My ultimate favorite lip color is ALL FIRED UP BY MAC – the name speaks for itself. I love pairing this bold color with grey hues and black, to give me a pop of color.
Always remember that you and your Kurves are beautiful.
Whatever your survivor needs are, always remember that you and your Kurves are beautiful. You only get one body, so show it some love!
What are some of your secret survivor essentials?